My newest obsession and budget-friendly cooking tool for the kitchen was part of a recent bridal shower gift is my vegetable Spiralizer at a steal of less than $40! Even for those that aren’t leaning towards a vegetarian diet, this tool is a great way to get more vegetables in your daily diet without sacrificing recipes you love. Today I am highlighting a delicious pasta-inspired dish using zucchini as my base and incorporating chopped clams and Italian sausage. See details of the recipe and instructions below and I hope you enjoy!
^^Grill the sausage so it gets extra smoky flavor
^^ add some freshly grated cheese as a garnish & serve!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- Turkey Sausage
- 2 cans chopped clams
- 3 medium zucchinis, washed – the more straight the easier!
- 1 cup White wine (Sauvignon Blanc is recommended)
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grated Locatelli cheese
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat and then use the Spiralizer to create zucchini noodles, personally, I like to have them on the thinner side so I use the smallest blade option available.
- Using a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the zucchini noodles, stirring occasionally until the noodles release the excess water for 5 minutes. Once cooked drain remaining liquid and sprinkle with salt. Set aside
- In a sauce pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic sauteing until fragrant on medium heat. Add white wine and chopped clams, reducing heat to low until sauce begins to thicken
- Meanwhile, place the turkey sausage on the grill until there are light char marks on either side
- Reheat zucchini noodles and add white wine sauce to pan, once warmed chop in turkey sausage and stir in salt and pepper to taste
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley and grated cheese