With summer being in full swing and spending many weekends by the ocean down at the shore, I have recently had an insatiable hunger for crabmeat and decided to combine some of my favorite flavors for this perfect summer recipe. Typically a buttery Chardonnay or a Pinot Gris pair very well with fresh crab meat, but this afternoon I was craving a 2010 Bordeaux – to each her own! Please see ingredients and details on this delicious summer crab salad below!
^^the basil came fresh from our urban garden and smelled so good!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Serves 2
- 8 oz lump Maryland Blue Crab meat, pick over for shells
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped peacans
- Fresh Basil, ripped with hands
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients for crab salad in a bowl until blended, then cover and store in fridge to chill
- Mash avocado in a small bowl with lime juice and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Once crab salad has been chilled, remove from fridge and gently scoop mixture into a wide, short glass leaving room for avocado
- Add mashed avocado to top of cup and place a plate overtop of the cup, flip over gently and tap on sides of cup to release the mixture
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh cracked pepper and lemon zest
- Serve and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of my summer crab salad recipe in the comments section below! xo