This recipe is one of my favorite seafood dishes for summer – it’s absolutely delicious, simple, fairly quick (roughly 20 minutes) and gets you outside in the fresh warm air. Personally I think it’s best served with a chilled glass of rosé and my preference for this tasty dish was Château Saint-Honore La Londe, Côtes de Provence, a perfect pairing with seafood. Yum!
Enjoy these Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos by yourself, with your lover or with family and it will be sure to impress everyone!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 lbs. fresh Mahi Mahi filets
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- Pinch of salt & fresh cracked pepper
Lime Zest Crema:
- ¾ cup of plain greek yogurt
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Whole wheat flour tortillas
- Cholula hot sauce, optional
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and line grilling basket with tinfoil – this helps keep the fish from falling apart
- In a small dish add in dry ingredients for fish tacos and mix well. Rub gently over Mahi Mahi and set aside
- In a separate bowl add greek yogurt, lime zest & juice, paprika and salt. Keep cool in fridge.
- Place Mahi Mahi in basket, skin side down for 6 minutes or until white and flaky. Alongside the fish, add the red onion rings drizzled in olive oil and flip once charred on either side. Onions should be tender and slightly caramelized.
- To assemble, gently flake apart the Mahi Mahi in the basket and place on the tortilla, followed by avocado, cabbage, fresh squeezed lime juice and lime crema
- Optional garnishes: Chopped cilantro and a dash of Cholula hot sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for reading, more summer recipes will be posted on the blog soon!! xoxo